Monday, September 5, 2011

New Companion & Area - September 5, 2011

I did have changes. My new companion is Elder Perez of Guatemala City. He is very chill and I think we will work great together. We already are getting along very well. He learned English during his mission and can speak really well. He has been out 20 months and will probably end his mission here. My new area is Zone Coatepeque, area Magnolia. It is hot here too. But it is very different from Samayac and very pretty. It is a lot quieter then Samayac too. There is one area with houses on the side of the street and trees and it makes me think of California. But other areas the road is just pebbles and rocks that are in the ground. My house is really nice once again. We live on the 2nd floor above a member and it is pretty big. We have our pila inside this time which is really nice for washing dishes but we no longer have a hot shower and the bathroom is small but I really like it. My companion and I are both new here and don't know anyone so it is a little difficult finding our way around and getting to know the members. Our cook cooks us lunch and dinner everyday but Monday for 500 quets. Her name is Joyce and she is really nice. I like her and her family. The church is a little smaller but very nice and we are getting to know many people here. We have 6 investigators that can be baptized this month. So I was so excited for changes and my first change meeting that I was bursting at the seems, literally. My smaller suitcase ripped open below the zipper and along it for more then 2 feet. Luckily nothing feel out and I sewed it back shut. But it was disappointing and very hard to fit everything in the 2 bags. I really like Coatepeque.

I have no idea right now about Christmas things. I will think about it. That would be so cool if you learn Spanish. I support you in that. That is way cool about the growth in Central America. I believe it. But at the same time a big problem here that I think is a problem everywhere is inactive members. Many people in Samayac and here in Magnolia are inactive. I love David and how he is part of the family. His last letter was so funny. No one from the ward has written me yet, other then the Bues´ a while ago. I am thinking of writing the bishop. I got a letter from Jentry that was really nice. I am writing Jentry, Nana, Bro Esthmeyer my friend from the temple, and Jessica Stevens for her bday this week on the 8th. I am really going to miss Peach Days and the peaches, peach shakes, peach cobbler, and dutch oven. But when I return I will eat a lot.
I will send some more pics and other things. I love getting your emails and letters every week. Don't ever stop they really make me so happy. I love you so much and can't explain how much I love you. Our cook Joyce got sealed to her family this Saturday and it made me think how excited I am to go to the temple with you after my mission.
I have been having some lower back pain again this last week, some days pretty bad. I don't really know what to do. I hate my back and don't know exactly what is wrong with it.
Question. I know I was baptised in 1996 but would you be able to write me and tell me when and where. I really cant remember.

I love you mom and am excited to write you next week and tell you more about my experiences here and my adventures. My Spanish is getting so much better. I love you with all my heart. Take care Mom, hugs and kisses.
Love Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment