Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Birthday - July 18, 2011

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Not sure what I will be doing yet. I'm glad Nana and Grandma got the letters, do you know if Corinne did? That is so cool that you got the job and that you can ride with Scott and actually have a lunch, with Scott too. That is cool you are by Michelle. I really like them. I can't believe you start Tuesday they must really need you. Great work for you I knew you could do it. People are crazy not to hire you. I hope you are excited for the job. What is your boss like? I am so grateful for all your prayers. So this last week I used my debit card to buy a new watch cause mine broke. It is a nice looking watch and it only cost about $25 US dollars, and I bought a really awesome backpack I love for about $45 dollars. I forgot how much different a backpack is. I like my missionary bag and it helps keep my back not so sweaty but with the backpack I have so much more room and the weight is off my shoulder, it feels better. On Thursday we had a visit from the President to our zone and he gave us some sweet soccer jersey with our mission logo, Guatemala flag on one sleeve, US flag on other sleeve, and my name on back with the number 50 because our zone baptized 50 people in a month. It was so cool. I will try to send a pic home soon. I had a difficult week this week. We taught very few lessons and failed with contacting people and getting new investigators. I was trying really hard to not get down but people aren't progressing and we have no new people. I am going to keep working hard and I'm really learning to be humble and rely on the Lord for help with the spirit, my Spanish, and teaching and finding. Also this Wednesday is changes. So I will no longer be with Elder Card. It is sad cause I get along with him really well and like him. Also I was told I'm most likely going to get a Latino companion. It will be good for my Spanish but hard when I can't say some things and can't understand all he says. On a better note. On Saturday I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. It was so exciting and I was 10 or more days ahead of my goal. I planned to read it in 3 months. I started in March 28 and finished July 16. I learned a lot and it was so helpful for Spanish and spirit to read it all and read in 3 months. I loved it. Now I'm back to reading Jesus the Christ and will try to finish that. I love you so much and keep you in my prayers and thoughts too. I can't wait to write you next week about changes and how things are going. Love you a lot, Elder Cox your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment