Monday, July 11, 2011

Great Week - July 11, 2011

Yeah we have taught the guy that hit us with his car twice now. It has gone pretty well. He really wants to learn a lot and I think he will be serious about studying and learning. He works a lot though so it is hard to always get appointments with him. I really hope he finds an answer and progresses. Can you even imagine the conversion story? So God put the missionaries in my path, literally. haha. I will keep you posted. Foot is a lot better but there are some positions that still hurt when I move it and I don't know if it is just healing or if something is wrong. It's been two weeks.

Grease and Little Mermaid sound amazing. I'm glad you had fun and you two enjoyed yourselves. I would love to go to that. Next year the plays sound really good too. I wonder what plays they will have when I get home. I look forward to reading more in your dearelder. 50 baptisms for the month was pretty amazing. The 13 year old was baptized Saturday. I got to do it again. It was pretty cool. Now if we can just get families and adults to get baptized. One guy is getting closer but I'm finding out that people are really big on being patient and taking their time. Everyone says they need more time, but can't say what they feel they need to be more prepared in and think they need to be perfect before baptism. But I'm being patient and trying to help them find the answer and feel ready. Although some members say it takes a couple years. I like sending the pics for you and the family. Next time you send me something I would like some pics of the family if that is ok. I get the Liahona in English and Elder Card gets it in Spanish. I really like it. Some amazing stories. I'm glad you read it online.

Jessica is still working at the temple until January. But right now they are closed for two weeks. So she is on vacation. I'm so jealous of the trip to Aruba. I said she is taking me when I get back. I would love to go on a scuba trip with you when I get back too. That would be so much fun and amazing in clear beautiful water. It would be really cool to plan a trip with you and Scott, the Beus´, and Jessica. I bet you are loving time off. especially with your crazy job. Hope you are relaxing and enjoying the good weather finally. This last week we had a conference in Reu for new people and their trainers. We talked about using the Book of Mormon and asking inspired questions and helping overcome peoples doubts about baptism. It was so good. The inspired questions are the coolest thing ever. They really get to the soul of the person and make them think. They make all the difference. I want to get better at asking them so I keep trying. I believe at some point I will be really good at it. A couple times I have done it and I can't describe how different those questions are for the people. I learn so much from the mission president and want to study for a day with him. Oh also I am now in Mormon chapter 4. I am 4 days ahead of my reading schedule and almost done with the 3 month challenge. I am so close to finishing it is very exciting and I am learning a lot from reading in Spanish, both spiritually and language wise. Do you know how to prevent mold or get rid of it better? Because when things get a little wet because of the weather they don't really dry and I have a couple ties that I keep having to brush mold off of and my suit too.

I love you and I'm so glad you are my mom. You're amazing and I'm so proud of you. I hope you're reading the scriptures because there is great help and power in them and they are true. I love you with all of my heart and I'm glad I am helping bless our family. You're my biggest blessing! I love you Mom with all my heart! Love your son, Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment