Monday, May 16, 2011

First Baptism - May 16, 2011

This week it was raining super hard almost everyday. Saturday I got to wear my boots and my raincoat. The boots were a very smart choice, the water was flooding the street and the boots saved my feet. The raincoat worked nice but it is not as waterproof as I had thought, thanks Mr. Mac. I sprayed it with some water proofer spray we have here so hopefully that helps because my arm was pretty wet. Although if I didn't have the coat I would be extremely wet. Sunday we had an investigator that was supposed to get baptized before church but she didn't show up, how frustrating. Luckily she came to church and we moved the baptism to after. I got to baptize her in Spanish. My first baptism. It was exciting and cool. I look forward to many more on my mission. This week we are really going to work with her husband to get him baptized and have them be a family. As we were standing under shelter from the rain yesterday, we were kinda bummed because all of our appointments had fallen through again and a lady across the street waved us over to come in from the rain. We talked with her until the rain died down. They agreed to learn more and I really hope the family turns out to be good investigators. Once the rain was less we made our way home. I think it rained hard and our appointments had fallen through so we would be there at that time to see her and talk with her. Tomorrow the president of the mission is coming to our house and other areas to do interviews so we have to clean a lot but it is exciting to talk to him. That is funny that Scott got his hair cut from Lori. I had no idea. I like Lori. What a small world. That´s exciting that they got a house. Next time you see her tell them I say hi. I really love the movie "The Best Two Years". I want to watch it after the mission. Also Survivor Guatemala again, haha. Things are good and I love the emails and letters. Dearelders don't come as often because they have to come from the main office but I got a couple today. I love you and look forward to writing you again next week. Good luck with the job. You're in my prayers everyday. Tell family I love them as I know you always do. Lo amo mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment