Monday, May 30, 2011

So So Week - May 30, 2011

That is awesome! I'm excited about the package. My week has been so so. We are struggling getting new investigators and contacting people. Also our investigators are not really keeping their commitments and coming to church too. So this last week we were feeling a little down but we are not going to give up and will keep trying to improve and do our best. It has rained everyday after 3pm and it rains a lot. The boots have been my best friend haha. To answer about our house - we have running water in the toilet but it doesn't flush paper very well so we have what I call the ppb, poop paper bag, kinda gross but better then a clog, especially because we have not seen a plunger anywhere here. Our sink is in the back of our house outside and it also has running water except in the water are floaties. so we don't really use it for much except cleaning and then I use a Clorox solution to rinse the dishes. Our church is maybe a mile or so from us and it is over an hour to get to the mission home. We have a branch here in Samayac with lots of members but most of them are inactive. A normal day is wake up at 6:30 and eat. Then we usually only have one or two actual set appointments and the rest are people we are going to try and visit, members for references and other investigators. There are many days when none of our plans are working out and the whole schedule is changed. It's very frustrating when investigators and people don't keep their appointments. I really enjoy Elder Card. We get along very well and are learning a lot. He said I'm his best companion so far. We both struggle with contacting but we are trying to work harder and do what we are supposed to be doing. Now that I'm getting to know him a lot more he is warming up and we have a lot of fun. The interviews are postponed again. Last week President's wife fell and got hurt pretty bad. But the interviews should be this week. I will let you know how those go. This is one of the toughest things I have ever done, so many days I feel like we are finding no one and have really no investigators. But I try really hard not to get down and to stay positive. I try to make sure I'm doing what I should and then I just tell myself, it is your first area and only your first month in the mission. In time you will speak Spanish really well and teach and find really well. The letters from family and friends really help. I sent a letter this last week to Corinne, David, and Tyson. If you happen to talk to any of them let them know and let me know if they get it or not in a couple weeks. I love you a lot. The weeks go by pretty quick. I've been in the field for a month. Crazy! Love you and hope you are staying safe and doing well. I'm glad to have such a wonderful missionary mom that loves and supports me so much. Look forward to talking to you next week like always. Love your son!

1 comment: