Monday, February 25, 2013

My Farewell to Guatemala (I am really going to miss the people and Guatemala) - February 25, 2013


Time to say goodbye! But guess what Mama I'm coming home! Your Sundays will be very different from now on. What are you going to do with your extra time now Sundays? I will definitely miss your emails and your dearelders, but I will really enjoy being able to talk with you in person. That is sad that Grandpa's brother passed away. That would be very difficult to go from 15 brothers and sisters to now only 3. I hope he is doing well. I hope your cold goes away. I am just about over my cough and runny nose. I have been able to sleep at night without coughing all night. That is cool that the missionaries passed by. I think it would be very crazy to never have seen snow and then go to Utah and see a lot. It would be a very different change. 58 new missions, Wow! That is a lot. The church is really growing. Especially in Guatemala. They will now have 6 missions here. Saturday was a good two year mark, I enjoyed it. Crazy to thing that two years have gone by already. Wow, a lot really has happened in 2 years. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next two years. I know a lot will happen in my life in the next 2 years. I’m so excited to see everyone when I get home. I know a lot of friends and people at the hospital are excited to see me. It will be so awesome. Of course when I am about to come home it snows again and gets cold hahaha. I’m glad that Scott really loves his snow blower but I’m not sure how I feel about having lots of snowfall because of it. I was fine this last week until yesterday. It was a strange and hard Sunday. It hit me that that was my last Sunday in Rio Blanco. I was asked to speak for my farewell talk. I spoke of the Atonement and how it has changed my life and I have seen it change the lives of people here. I spoke of a talk by Elder Holland that says missionary work is not easy because salvation is not easy. How the atonement can help in missionary work. It was a really good talk I gave. Afterwards during the last hymn I got a little emotional (I’m not going to say if I cried or not but it was hard) thinking of all the wonderful people here and how much I love them. President Nelton spoke about me at the end of the meeting. He said how I am a great person and a great missionary and they will miss me and wish me the best of luck. Then in the gospel principles class my recent convert started to cry and said how much I have helped him and how much he will miss me. That was so hard. I want to know how our phone plan is with international calls. I would like to call him at least once a month to motivate him and see how he is doing, I will pay extra to do it. In priesthood class the President talked about me too. He said wonderful things and made me feel so loved and amazing. We ate lunch with a member that we are teaching her husband. He came to church again yesterday mainly to hear me speak. He is progressing and reading so much of the Book of Mormon. During lunch we were talking about how much her husband has changed and talking about my time here. She started to cry also and said that to her I’m like one of her sons. The members are very sad to see me go. Many have cried and I think many more will tomorrow. I really made a difference here. I love them with all my heart and want to maintain contact with them forever and come and visit this year. They all speak so kind of me and think I have a wonderful mom and family. President Maravilla said the district President here spoke highly of me and President agreed. I feel good. Tomorrow will be a very hard day for me. Saying goodbye to so many wonderful friends. It will be very strange not seeing them every week. Well Mom the time has come to say goodbye to our last email. I have more to tell you but it will be better in person. I love you and am very very excited to see you in 3 days. I love you so much. Be safe, be healthy, be happy, and be prepared to receive a big hug and kiss when I get there. With all the love of my heart, your baby boy, Elder Jensen Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment