Monday, February 18, 2013

Converts are Amazing - February 18, 2013

Cause I’m leavin on a jet plane! Happy Valentine’s Day Mom, I love you! March 17 is a great day to talk. That will be exciting. I’m excited to see people from my ward. They are amazing. On March 3 there is a fireside by Elder Bednar that I want to listen to. That will be wonderful to see all the family and friends and have them over to the house. I imagine it is strange sending the last dear elder. I think it will be very strange sending the last email next week. I do not look forward to looking for a car again but I hope I find a good deal. No news on the package but President knows and his wife is looking into it. Hope they find something before I go. I would like to go Saturday and visit the family in Provo. I have some special things for them. Joey is struggling but I think he is doing better. I keep writing him and I know he will do amazing there. I can’t imagine learning the language. It is very different. I am lucky because Spanish has things similar to English so it is not too hard. I really can’t believe that I only have this week and a couple days left, crazy! It feels weird. I have learned so much in my mission. One of the things that is the biggest for me is the value of family. I have been blessed with a loving family and I have so much more love and appreciation for them. We will spend more time together. I love you Mom! Last Sunday my convert received the Aaronic priesthood. We went to visit him this last week and I asked if he has any questions. He asked where are the prayers for the Sacrament. I showed him Moroni and he read it and said he was asked to bless the bread on Sunday. He started memorizing the prayer. I was so proud of him for his dedication. Sunday he blessed the bread and I was so proud and happy for him. He is a great guy. Now I pray that his wife will receive the gospel. I love that family and want to come visit them this year since I’m not studying. I have met some very special people here and I plan on maintaining lifelong friendships with them. It has been a little harder lately working with my new comp. We don’t fight but I need a little more motivation from him, I need his help. I talked with President in interviews that it is a bit tough and President said keep trying. He told me I have character. He knows how to really make me feel good about myself. So this week I’m going to try all I can to motivate him and work hard. I think the plane flights are going to be the longest hours of my life. When I get off that plane I’m going to give you such a big hug. It will be an incredible day. Thank you for all you have done for me these last two years. You are the best mom ever and I don’t know how I got so lucky to have you. Until the last email next week stay happy, be healthy, and know I love you so much.
Love J

No comments:

Post a Comment