Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day - February 11, 2012

Buenos días Mamá, estoy muy bien. Hoy está bonita y estoy feliz para leer su carta y escribirle. That is sad that Kahlua was sick, got cancer, and was put down. That would be really hard for sis because she has had that dog forever. I agree that it was good that Corinne was there and that Nana and Grandpa had a dinner and talked with her. I send her my love. It sounds like you have had a very different winter. Sounds very crazy that you have so much rain you have to buy a bigger water pump. Will it be a little more difficult to complete the pool because now there is a house next to us so you can't bring trucks in there? That is so cool about your Spanish class. It's very true that you will be able to understand it more by reading and even hearing but speaking is a little different. Mainly cause you have so many conjugations for one word and many for past preterit, past imperfect, present, future, and conditional. But I'm excited that you are learning and can understand. Sounds like a good idea about speaking, writing the words, and drawing pictures. That is what the program Rosetta Stone does and people learn much faster. I would like to continue to practice and talk with you both in Spanish when I get home. We can have taco Tuesday but include only speaking Spanish or Spanglish. What I really want is that you can understand Spanish when I give my final testimony of the mission. I think it is cool that in your Spanish class you met some people that really like scuba diving and became friends with them. Did you tell them about your 2nd trip to the Philippines? I like your idea a lot about coming home to get released then returning and visiting with you and with your friend that knows Guatemala really well. I would like that more because first I would finish my mission completely and 2nd because it would be nice to come back being released and not needing a comp. Would we come back shortly after I got home or what would you be thinking? Of course we have a lot of time to plan this later and think about it. Last Saturday we watched a movie together in the office. We saw Charly. I have never seen that movie before and it is really good, but sad too. It made me think about how blessed we are that we have the gospel and the plan of salvation that no matter what heartache or pain comes our way things will eventually be better and we will have each other for eternity. The movie really made me think of the blessings of the temple and once again marriage and my own family. I don't think I have ever thought this much about marriage and family before. Seems like the mission really brings that to my mind. The general conference talking a lot about marriage, teaching about eternal families, the goal of preparing others for the temple, learning habits and skills that will bless my future family. I'm ready for the next phase of my life after the mission. We had a very interesting day Thursday. Two of the office elders were coming back from Coatepeque in the Corolla car. I was in the office that night and it started to rain and rain very hard. The power went off a couple times in the office and then went out for a couple hours. The church has a large metal fence/wall outside with a remote controlled door to let the cars in and out. When the power goes out the doors don't work so we are stuck in the office. It finally came back on and we received a call from the two elders out in the pouring rain. They got a flat tire then the battery died in the car. We drove out to rescue them in the truck. We got very wet, and a bit cold. We changed the tire and gave the car a jump but after that the car would not go faster then 10mph. Not sure why. So we ended up towing them but with a little rope we had, this rope is the width of my finger and we used it to tie some beds down we were moving in the truck. Amazingly the rope did not break and we safely arrived at the office at 12:30 at night. Still not sure what is wrong with the car. We are waiting for someone here to fix it. What another adventure here in the office. Oh and I have a little bit of sad news. This week we got 4 new sister missionaries from Mexico and had a little change meeting. I got to give my first presentation about funds and money. I did pretty good. But after, the sad part is, that Elder Card got changes and left the office a week before changes. So once again I had to part ways with Elder Card. It was very sad because we get along very well. He is very funny, nice, and spiritual. He is a great missionary, my best comp, and my dear friend. However, because I'm in the office I have more chances to see him and I think I will be here for his last change meeting so that is exciting. Well Mom I have written you a small book. hhahah. So I will tell you I really love you. You're the best mom ever! Happy early Valentines Day. I cho-cho-choose you. ahahaha. I love you and love your letters. I am very glad you are going to read the Book of Mormon completely. I just finished and I really loved it again. I'm going to send you a paper I used that is a guide to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months. You can do that or read it in a longer time but it will be fun to keep track of your progress. Love you much and I keep you in my prayers. Hope your week is wonderful and I can't wait to hear about it next week.
Love forever Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment