Sunday, June 10, 2012

Got My New Suit - June 9, 2012

I'm doing very good. This week was busy but kinda calm at the same time. We had a meeting with the zone leaders on Tuesday. We did it again at the hotel Gran Karmel. It is a really nice place and I like the service they give us. Wednesday and Friday was a training of newer missionaries. On Wed. we ordered pizza for lunch. Crazy thing about the pizza is that they said it was cheaper if we ordered the 10 pizzas with a liter of coke and cinnamon bread then if we only bought the pizza by itself. Don’t know how getting more things would be cheaper than buying pizza alone. So we got 10 bread and pizza and coke. We gave the coke to the family of Presidente and a couple bottles to the other office of the church here. I also ordered some buffalo wings for Presidente cause they are his favorite. He was very happy with that. I told him about the restaurant in Utah called Wingnuts that only has wings and he was amazed. So when he is in Utah I will take him there. There has been some tensions in the office recently and we are all trying to work through it. It makes me kinda glad that I’m leaving the office hahaha. I still cannot get over the crazy weather there in UT Record highs then cold and rain. It has been raining a lot and I went to teach a lesson with the Hermanas. I did not have an umbrella and got soaked. The lesson was good. The woman would not pray though at the end of the lesson. I talked about 2 Nephi 32:8-9 and about prayer and we got her to offer the final prayer. We are going to go get her Sunday to bring her to church so I hope that works out. Today has been a very hot day. So it is kinda like UT. Rain and cooler then really hot. A couple weeks ago I had a stuffy nose and a cough. It went away for a week but now it is back. It is a bummer and I do not like being sick. That is awesome that you are almost done with the shed and in no time you will be done with the pool. You both have done so much work on the yard and everything. I never knew that you had to do this much. But I think you will enjoy your work when you are floating around in your pool all day almost every day. I can imagine that your blood sugar is very frustrating. You go from having it in good control to crazy numbers again for no reason. I’m sorry you have to go through that. That book sounds really good though. I think Connie and everyone else really help out too. That rib dinner at Cafe Central sounds so amazing. I want to eat that. I’m glad you could eat it and not have problems with your blood sugars. I did eat one of my favorite foods here twice this week. It is a sandwich called Shucos (don’t know how to spell it). It is bread grilled with garlic spread, and has tomato, cabbage stuff, guacamole, and some good meats. It is hard to describe but it is really good. When we come back here I will get us some. Sounds like you had a fun party with your bosses. I still believe you have a very great job and really great bosses. It was a blessing in many ways that you got that job. That concert will be very fun. The guest star is Katherine Jenkins. I have heard her music before. How awesome that you won all the tickets. You always get lucky with those concerts. You surprised me that I’m getting a package. I’m super excited for it. I can’t believe Elder Card is leaving. I am sad because I was excited to be in the office and spend the day with him and go to the final dinner. But now I will be in the field again. I told Hermana Maravilla this and she said if I am in a zone close then I’m invited to the dinner. So I hope I am here in Las Palmas or in San Marcos. I’m excited for Elder Card and his family though. My time is moving by really quickly too. I will have 16 months in two weeks. That is crazy. Dad wrote me again and shared a talk from Pres Uchtdorf about forgiveness. I have forgiven him but I don’t know what I want for our relationship right now. Not sure I’m ready for that. Don’t know when I will be. Well today we did not have power all morning. I’m very glad it came back and I could write you. Your letters are very important to me. I love the letters I get from the family. I got a very wonderful letter last week from Jessica’s mom. Her family still really cares about me, I felt good. I also talked a long time in emails to David. He sounds like he is doing very well. I look forward to being his wingman again hahaha. But I think we will both find some amazing people. Anyways, things are good and I’m hoping we will do some wonderful things for my last two pdays in the office. Today we played lots of card games and I played one of the most intense games of phase ten. I lost by 10 points but only because there was some cheaters before me that showed their cards to one another. You got lucky Elder Evans! I would not lie about this game, there was some dirty playing hahaha. It was fun. Now not sure the plans. I think next week though is my last trip to Xela. We will see. I love you. I can’t wait for more of your letters and your package. I keep you in my prayers and pray you will be healthy and happy. I will learn more and grow more as I enter the field again. I will make you proud. I am so grateful for all that I have and experience. I’m especially grateful for you. Love you. Your boy, Elder Cox I forgot something else that happened this week that was awesome. I got my suit! I will send some pics. I feel so guapo in it. It fits me very well and I love the colors. The grey with the purple lining turned out wonderfully. I wore a purple tie the day I got it and with my suit, it was mind-blowingly awesome. I am considering getting a black one before I go home to have a fitted black suit. Now I need to find more occasions to wear a suit when I get home. David said he wants to move to SLC so I think we could wear suits and have a sharp night on the town. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment