Saturday, June 16, 2012

Going Back Into the Field - June 16, 2012

My last Pday in the office! It will be weird to have Pdays on Monday again and not on Saturday. I can only imagine how excited Elder Card's mom is. President told me that for changes I will be somewhere close to help my replacement with things if he needs it. I asked if I can still go to the dinner with Elder Card and President said yes. I'm really excited to see him his last night here. Still my best comp ever. I will send a couple pics of my suit today. My week was very good. We helped some hermanas move houses and that took all morning. But we finally got them moved and got everything ready for a new missionary they are getting. The new house is really nice and there are four hermanas living there. This week we had training for the new people again. I trained my replacement more. I can't explain how nice it is that this week any phone call about problems with money or phones or any other thing related to my calling I could just ask my replacement what he thinks we should do. It has been so much more stress free. I have loved not getting those phone calls all the time. So yeah, that makes me really excited to enter the field again. We got to do something really fun yesterday. A zone did really good last month so we took them to Xetulul. It was way fun. I enjoyed the rides and got really dizzy. I know I'm getting older when some of the rides leave me feeling a little woozy. I got to see Elder Meoño and spend time at the park with my friends. Today has been a calm Pday. I got the mail today and finally got my package. I love it so much. I can't believe you found the almonds. Thank you Mom! The bags will be very useful also. I really love the letters. That was so nice getting them from all the family. I love sis' letter and her stickers of Lola the panda and Chuck the duck. Although she made me jealous with the news that she saw the Avengers and it was really good. I loved hearing from all the family. I did not know that Julie is in the same stake as Elder Gardner. He is the assistant in the office with me and he is really an awesome guy. We get along very well. I told him today that they are in the same stake and he said no way. I can't believe the story of Kembree. What a stinker. Walking to church by herself and not being found for 30 mins. I love that crazy little girl. My Kembree is growing up so fast. Nathan is so cute that he prays for me by name every night. I thought it was funny that Nana's pens kept dying and Grandpa even had to switch pens. Mom I can't tell you how much I loved that surprise package of letters and goodies. That was so thoughtful and I want to thank you for bringing the paper for everyone to write something. I hope when we pick up the mail Monday that I will find the package from David. I’m super excited to get something from my brother. You both have been very busy. I can't believe how much Scott got done with the sprinklers. I bet he will be glad to get it all finished. Are you both super excited to have the pool so close to being completed? That made me excited and I can't even swim in it for about a year. I'm still bummed that I can't have a pool party when I get home, the cold weather of Feb kinda spoiled that plan. hahaha. That has been really interesting seeing all the pics of the pool process and hearing about how a pool is poured. So this next week it will all be complete? How exciting and wonderful. Your house will be so beautiful and nice. I think outside music would be so cool. Even just speakers or a nice boombox outside with the cord to connect an iPod to would be super nice. Chillin in the pool or a BBQ with some nice music would be really rad. I miss all the yummy food from Grandpa's garden. I want to go help him more when I get back and learn more about gardening, then eat the delicious harvest. I am really proud of you for not snacking. that is something very very hard. I find myself snacking a lot. Your boss is so nice to let you leave for the pool. I think you are very blessed. I'm grateful to be on a mission and serve the Lord. I was studying Moroni 7 and was loving it so much. So many good things we can learn from that chapter. It reminds me not to judge and to have more faith and hope. I love how it teaches us to be more charitable and that when we are good we are with Christ and receiving inspiration. I have been studying it for a couple days and I am reaffirmed that the scriptures have the words of God to make us better people. That like it says in verse 48 que seáis llenos de este amor que él ha otorgado a todos los que son discípulos verdaderos de su Hijo Jesucristo...seamos semejantes a él. I am so grateful that I have the gospel and everyday that I get closer to my Savior I can be filled with Christ like love. I can develop my character to be more like Him. I know He wants us to be the best we can be. He loves us and gives us so much help. The scriptures, prophets, our FAMILY. Mom, you help me feel the love of God and have blessed my life. I love my family and I can't express my joy at having them in my life loving me and supporting me. I hope you have an incredible week. Enjoy the pool. Be healthy and happy and safe. I’m really proud that you are almost done reading the Book of Mormon and have learned a lot from it. Keep reading. Next goal is getting that temple recommend. I will write you soon about changes and who my new comp is and where my area is at. Sending my love and prayers with a happy heart, your son Elder Cox. P.S. I will be back to Pdays on Monday so I will start writing you on Monday. I think you will get my first letter this Monday hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment