Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo - May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo, ay ay ayyyy! That's supposed to be a Latino yell that you hear in places like Mexico. I did not know that it is mainly celebrated in the US. The week didn't really slow down. We had 3 days of training and meetings for the mission. Meetings with the zone leaders and other meetings with the missionaries that only have a couple changes in the mission. So lots of things for me to do for these meetings. Next week is change meeting so it will be a little crazy again until Thursday. But that's what I do. You had a long class last week. Wow, the only one on insulin, that's interesting. I’m so proud of you for testing yourself and what you eat. Way to go Mom! So do you know why you had crazy numbers those two days? Would they be able to explain it next time you go to class? That's crazy how low you were after eating. That's a bummer for the guy that the cement cracked and the whole thing is thrown out. Wow, an entire dump truck full. You went from pics of the yard torn up at the start to close to finish back to torn up at the start. Sounds like the pool has been a major adventure. I never would have imagined this much work. Nathan broke his arm? How did he do it? Poor little guy. What a stinker for not wanting to wear the sling and then jumping on the neighbors tramp. When do Connie and Mike find out about the girls? That would be so amazing twin baby girls. I think Nathan would be excited too. I pray for them, what a blessing that would be. Goodness that sounds like a lot of commotion and chaos in your office. Lots of work just moving things and getting things in order. I imagine your office will be really really nice afterwards though. That is funny that someone followed you saving junk and I think I would also get a bit frustrated with that. Really when are they going to use a typewriter? I agree a lot about finding a way to get along with everyone, that is very important in any situation. Your pants getting all dusty sound like when I would wear my black pants in Tiquisate. There was so much dust there, it was a major challenge to keep the house clean. One really cool thing this week was that I finished reading the Book of Mormon again. This time was a little different. I read it from start to finish in 28 hours 30 mins. Not too bad! It was awesome to read it again. Remember things that I love and did not remember really well. Find and learn new amazing things. Strengthen my testimony of the Savior. This book really does testify of Christ and how we can have better lives and do the things necessary to return to our Heavenly Father. I love the Book of Mormon. I know it has answers for our lives and helps us to feel more peace and love in a more troubling world. I challenge everyone to read the Book of Mormon. It will make you feel closer to the Lord. I’m so happy you are reading the Book of Mormon Mom. I understand it is going a little more slowly now with all this new craziness in your life but don’t forget to read a little everyday. I know you can finish in 3 months. I hope things are going well with your progress on getting a temple recommend. How is sister? How goes the school quest? I need to write her another letter. Please tell Nana and Grandpa a very loving Happy Birthday from me. Guess what we just got today for the mission office? A ping pong table! What! Yeah something to take a little break and have a little more fun on pday. The office is pretty excited. This next week with the change meeting I will have 10 changes in the mission and only 7 left. That is so little and will go very fast. I still have a lot to do and learn, lots of growth still to do. Sometimes it feels a little difficult but I just have to keep trying and remember what/who I want to be and why I’m doing it. I look forward to the more things I can learn. Oh, I talked with President and he is not sure how to get a copy of my acceptance letter. So I have a favor to ask of you. Could you talk with the Bishop or Stake President about if there is any way they could request a copy of my mission acceptance letter? I don’t know why I didn't copy it. I think I was just really excited to send it. But I would really like a copy and remember the things I said. If I could do that, that would be so amazing to get a copy. See what you can do please. I have not heard anything about Mother’s Day yet. I imagine this week we will get the plans and I can tell you this weekend if we can Skype again or not. I really hope we can, that was wonderful. Mom I love you! I love your letters and all you do for me. Your dearelders and emails are a major highlight for me and I look forward to them so much. They make me happier and make me feel your love closer here. Thank you for everything. Can’t wait to talk to you next week, both letter and PHONE CALL! YAY! I hope you are happy and healthy. I send all my love and prayers. Love, your son, Elder J

No comments:

Post a Comment