Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day - May 12, 2012

Mi amorosa Madre! Yay you got your card. I was hoping that got there in time. Wow it got there a couple days earlier. That is silly that you were going to wait to open it but then could not. I’m glad you liked the card. I really enjoyed making it. I thought I was pretty smart with the words I wrote inside and the pic I made on the back. The front was the only thing I found and didn’t make. I really have not sent you hand written letters since I’ve been in Guatemala? Wow, I need to send a couple special ones then. Your trip with sis sounded really fun. Crazy how many scents they can make. Sis' smell is funny, "kiss my naked butt" and yours sound really nice. Who would want the dirty diaper smell? Yuk! That was very thoughtful of Lois to send a card. She is really good about things like that. So thoughtful. So for Skype I can do it anytime from 5-9. There are two computers we can use and there are 5 of us to use Skype. I will talk with them more tonight and tomorrow and send you an email tomorrow with the time of when would be best. This week was change meeting. Lots of work. Monday was pretty neat though. We did an office comp study with President Maravilla. We studied about the preexistence and light of truth. It was really good. We talked about how darkness or cold do not exist. They are just the absence of light and heat. Light is in everything. Light is glory of God, power of God. Light is knowledge. It was interesting reading the scriptures and noticing how much they really talk about light. How you can change the word light for knowledge. All things contain light. Using the scriptures we studied how with knowledge we can become Gods. So one thing that was really cool is we know the scriptures contain the truth. Truth is Light, Light is Knowledge, with Knowledge we can become Gods. So why is it important to study the scriptures? Because the scriptures contain the truth, light, and knowledge and will help us to become like Gods one day. That was incredible to think about. Brought a new perspective on why it is important to study the scriptures. We can’t forget about them. I realized I need to be better and not just reading through and studying the scriptures but really taking the time to meditate on them. It is those times of pondering and meditation that are going to bring me the most revelation. I really enjoyed studying with President and the office together. I hope that he will do more of that each week. Tuesday was when the new people came. There were only 7 Latinos that came. I think they will be a really good group. It was lots of work getting things ready for them and for the changes. We were working on the change meeting and did not leave the office until 1:30 in the morning. I was so tired. Wednesday was of course a super busy day with changes. Only five missionaries were finishing their mission but the mission had lots of changes. Another person from the office left and we got a new elder here and I think we will get along with him wonderfully. I feel that no matter how well I prepare for changes they always have many things that catch me off guard and cause a bit of a run around. However, I survived changes again so I’m happy. The time is really flying by. I only have 7 changes left. That is nothing, especially when I finally leave the office. We are back to six people in the office which is pretty nice. Looks like the next couple weeks are going to be busy with training meetings and stake conferences throughout the mission. I never knew so much goes into a mission. We have been working on an inventory of what the houses need and that has been so much work. When I get supplies it seems like 8 other people tell me they need things that I did not know about before. Then I have to order them and some things take forever to arrive. So I have to keep telling people they are coming and we are trying. That is hard but we are improving and I’m working with President on making a better method of the inventory and how we distribute things for the missionaries. Your class is long but I bet it is good though to learn all that helpful stuff and get some answers to questions. That name sounds familiar, not sure if I have met that nurse. She sounds wonderful though and I think those books could be really good. That is so wonderful that Scott can help you and support you. He is a great guy. I like the people at the hospital. I got a card today from everyone at work. They all wrote how they are happy of what I’m doing and miss me and love me. I am so touched and grateful that they love me so much and think about me. I have been to Zupas. I love their mushroom soup. I miss lots of food from there, both restaurants and good delicious home cookin and Grandpa’s garden. That sounds crazy your ups and downs of tests. Do you know how long it will be for your body to finally get stable? I imagine that you have had it for some time so it will take time to get normal. I hate headaches especially killer ones. Hope you feel better. So things I would tell the missionaries that are coming here... I wish my big raincoat was one I could roll up into a small bag. The big coat is nice when it is raining but otherwise when it is not it takes up lots of space in my bag. It was not waterproof either. I still got wet. Bring some zip lock bags to put your books or other things in so they don’t get wet when it rains. I did not need any of the medicine I brought. Just vitamins. My shirts are holding up really well it was good that we got so many too. My shoes you sent me have been absolutely wonderful. I love them and they are still in great shape. Granted I’m in the office and don’t get as much wear n tear but still amazing. I can’t really think of much else to say right now. Speak lots of Spanish all the time. I’m super excited that we get to Skype again. That is such a blessing. I can’t wait to see ya and talk with you face to face. I would ask you how goes things but I can ask you that in a couple days. I’m doing good. We have made a new rule to leave the office at nights before 11. And go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I think these things will help me not feel so tired. I think the going to bed late is really taking it out of me. I also got a great letter from Aunt Corinne. Her kids are so adorable and wonderful. I loved hearing about their fav Book of Mormon story. I am going to write them another letter soon too. Wow, it appears that every time I write you my emails are really long and like a novel also. Well Mama I love you. I’m super happy to talk to you. I will write tomorrow to tell you what time is best. Do you know if sis will be there? Love you tons! Love, me, your boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment