Monday, June 20, 2011

Four Months Down - June 20, 2011

I know, 4 months is crazy! I feel like I have a lot of time left, but then I think it has been four months already and it was just yesterday I was in the MTC. I have a less active member that has a washing machine that we pay her to do our laundry for the month. She is really nice and she has been coming to church more lately. We have another member Hermana Rosa that cooks us lunch almost everyday. She is very nice too and her family is fun to talk to and eat with. The music is so wonderful, I can't explain how much I have missed music and the cds are so nice I really love them. I'm going to write another letter to Nana and Grandpa and thank them. We have a mini dvd player right now for training that I play the cds on and I bought a little pair of speakers. But next month we lose the dvd player cause training with it is over. It has been really hard finding a cd player. I thought here it would not be difficult but I still can't find one. The package was so nice. The letters, the music, love the bears and the licorice and the jerky. The goodies too. Going to start sharing those with kids. I took a bag of jerky to zone meeting and surprised many of the Americans. They haven't had jerky in a long time so we all enjoyed the bag. Thank you so much. The dinner sounds nice. And I bet you are very excited to be done with work. I am looking for dice here in a few places so we will see if I can find them but I think a game night would be awesome. We had zone conference this last week with the president and it was really good. I love learning from the president. I got a mission pin for my suit because Elder Card and I baptized a family so that was cool to get with everyone there. I learned a lot about the Book of Mormon and missionary stuff. Fri we had our district come to our area and we got in two groups to go contacting. It was pretty good. We got 8 or so investigators. And Sunday we had I think 5 investigators at church which was really awesome for once. I'm really hoping that things progress with a few of them. My shoes are doing good. The rockports for some reason have really worn the soles. I will send a pic soon. I walk a lot some days. I got a couple blisters but nothing horrible. But my feet are peeling real bad and I do have some sores and things here and there. Also, I don't like to talk about it but my knees get pretty sore. Dumb bad knees. I finally got the conference Liahona last week and the issue for this month. The talks are so good. Things are good and I'm getting to be more myself in teaching and staying positive. I'm excited for you and the no salt thing, way to go. Your diet sounds incredible. I know you can keep it up. When I show our family picture everyone comments on how young you look. And I say I have the best mom ever. I love you and pray for you all the time. Glad you're my mom and want to give you a big hug. Jessie Stevens said that she thinks since you raised me I should get to call you on Father's day. I agree haha. Love you Mom and talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment