Monday, June 27, 2011

A Baptism and Hit by a Car - June 27, 2011

That is cool about the parade of homes and Jess´s puppy. Crazy that Connie had that happen and kept limp walking. It has been an interesting week. First last Monday I was walking past some stores talking about how there is no cd players here and in the window of one store I saw one. It was the last one they had. What a coincidence. So I have one now. And in one of the really big market stores that is kinda becoming more and more like Walmart that we get to go to from time to time has a lot of awesome food. When we walked in I saw a huge display of cans of Mountain Dew and I was speechless. That is the first Mountain Dew I have seen in this country. But I can't by any cause we can't drink Coke or Pepsi, mission rules so I guess Mountain Dew is out too. I shared the licorice with some members of my branch and they have never had or seen red vines but they loved it and keep asking me for more. I also shared a pack with our zone at a meeting, it is fun sharing and bringing a taste of home for everyone. One of the members that I shared with came to connect some wires in our shower and now we have hot water. It is so nice I love hot showers, best feeling ever after a long day and when I wake up. I have given some glow sticks to some little kids of our investigators and they thought it was lots of fun. So sometimes when I enter our bathroom in the morning I see a blur pass out by the top of the door. Well this last week my guess was confirmed, we have a bat that comes through our roof and hangs out in our bathroom. It is crazy. We did divisions this week and I was with a different Elder for the day. We spoke with one of our investigators that said she had a dream that told her to go to church but before she progresses she needs another dream. So we explained how we receive answers and invited her to pray with us right there. It was a silent prayer so I was not sure if she was praying or not, or do I say something. I just said a prayer of my own. She said she felt really good and happy, peaceful. So we invited her to be baptized. She was thinking and I could really see the spirit working on her. It was so cool I can't really write about it and do it justice. She was still hesitant and said another month so we put a date for July 2. The next day Elder Card and another elder went to visit her and were able to get the baptism changed to June 30. Yesterday she said she had another dream and now she is not sure about being baptised next week. But she is ready so we keep praying for her and are going to help her tonight. But what a cool spiritual experience. I hope things work with her. Saturday we had the baptism of a 9 year old girl. I got to do the baptism which was cool too. So now I am at 3 with 2 of them by me personally. Yay! Saturday night we had a lesson with an investigator that went well and as we were leaving for home we were talking about how to help her. It was raining a little and dark. (Ok mom don't freak out about this next part, everything is ok) As we were crossing a street we looked both ways and there was nothing there. Halfway across the street we both looked over our shoulder and saw a car turning coming at us. He was probably going 10-15 but he hit both of us. I can't really explain it cause I can't believe it happened and not sure exactly how, but we fell on the hood of the car then Elder Card fell on the ground on his stomach and I fell onto my but and back after falling off the hood. Elder Card was completely fine no bruise or scratch. I had a couple little scratches on my elbows from landing on the road, but I bent my foot and below my ankle hurts. The guy got out to talk to us and apologized, said if we need medical help he will get it. I stood up and my legs were shaking so bad from the shock of being hit and the rain. We got his info and said we are ok. We went home and spoke with our leaders. I think I'm going to get my foot looked at just in case. Crazy traffic in Guatemala and useless traffic lights that people don't follow very well. It was crazy. I will let you know how that turns out. Elder Card and I want to turn this guy into a contact and investigator. We were joking and said we wish we did it that night. Other then that I am doing well. We have a conference with President again this week and hopefully after our hardest efforts another baptism. Jessica and her family are thinking about sending a package for my birthday. Is your friend coming to Guatemala again soon? If so is there a possibility he could take it to avoid the crazy mail here. Anyways I love you so much and keep you in my prayers. I hope you are enjoying your time off from work. What´s the status of you going to the temple? I know you have to wait to be sealed but you could still go and do sessions. I love you mom and think of you a lot, also talk about you to others a lot. Take care. Also I sent a letter to Corinne and am writing one to Nana and Great Grandma so I'll send them soon. Love you Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment